NJ DUI Defense Attorney
Alan was the most confident and honest of all the lawyers I consulted.
He took it to trial and won!
No DUI on my record, no fines, no surcharges, no more court appearances. He's the best!
J.R - Client
People make mistakes and we understand this.
We review all of the police officer’s reports and make sure that your rights were not violated during the DWI investigation and subsequent arrest. it is in your best interest to seek legal representation.
We can help you because this is our job. We will provide aggressive representation and assist you through every step of the criminal process.
important considerations when defending a dUI case
Although, a DUI conviction is not a felony in NJ, on Third and subsequent offenses you will face six months in jail. Please know that DUI surcharges are extremely burdensome. To learn more about NJ DMV Surcharges, click here.
DUI offenses are considered traffic offenses because they are listed under Title 39 of the NJ code. Thus, DUI convictions cannot be expunged.
However, because the defendant is exposed to jail time, DUI in NJ are considered "Quasi-Criminal" and therefore the prosecutor must prove every element of the DUI beyond a reasonable doubt.
Needless to say, DWI/DUI cases are very complicated and many variables must be considered.
- Was the traffic stop legal?
- Did the office perform the Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs) properly?
- Were you sitting in a parked car (with no intention to drive).
- Was the ignition on because you needed to heat yourself?
- Was your breath sample taken legally?
- Were you read your rights legally? Accused of driving under the influence of drugs, but not alcohol? Was there a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) involved?
- Was your blood taken against your state and federal Constitutional rights?
choosing the right nJ DUI lawyer for you
If you are having difficulty choosing the right lawyer for you,
please read our Free Legal Guide on How To Pick The Right Lawyer.
The most important thing to remember when choosing the right lawyer is that
you must feel comfortable with the lawyer you choose.
When you retain our firm, we guarantee that we will return every phone call, answer every question you have,
and vigorously defend your charges.